CONTACT ME

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Canon 35mm f1.4 vs Canon 24 f1.4 Mii Comparison

Canon 24mm f1.4 mark vs canon 35mm f1.4


canon lens
canon lens



Not a lot of comparisons between these two lens. I figure I'll add my 2 cents. I'm actually just trying to figure for myself if it's worth it to keep both around.



Let's start with pricing:
24mm - $1699 vs
35mm - $1599



Distortion:
24mm - surprisingly very little distortion. Canon has done well to keep this wide angle lens under control in this department. Notice in the photo below I was about 2 feet away from the subject and there was barely any distortion.



35mm - I love the look of the 35mm. You'll read in many different places that a portrait kens should be long like an 85mm or 135 mm to keep the subject from looking distorted and makes their features smaller. But honestly I like the slight distortion from the 35mmm. The subject appears slightly "bigger" towards the center. and I personally love that look. (Just don't focus on the nose!)





In terms of price and image quality it's hard to make an argument to keep both lens. The difference in terms of how wide you can go is literally only one normal step forwards or backwards to get the same image. To save yourself from taking one normal step back worth $1699?

Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment